Pagine

martedì 15 marzo 2011

Writing Task - INFORMAL LETTER

Dear ..
Hi/Hello ...

Beginning
Great/Lovely to hear from you (after so long)
Thanks (a lot) for the letter / It was great to get your letter
Sorry to hear about your
Sorry for not writing for so long/I haven’t written/I haven’t been in touch for so long

Persuading
You’d get so much out of it
It’d be a wonderful/marvellous opportunity for you to..
Just think of (all the people you’d meet)
Just imagine how it would (improve your cv), not to mention (the money you could earn)

Advising
Whatever you do, make sure you..
It’s (not) worth/There’s no/little point + gerund
I’d/I wouldn’t…if I were you.
You’d be much better off + gerund

Ending
I must go now
Phone me as soon as possible.
Write back soon and let me know how it goes
(I’m) Looking forward to hearing from you
Please reply quickly
I’ll finish now as I’m running out of space
Bye for now
I’d better get going
Can’t wait to see you again
(Give my) love/regards to

Signing off
Friends: All the best/Best wishes/Bye for now
Relatives: Lots of love/All my love/Love

When possible, use:
-         contractions
-         the present continuous instead of the present simple ('I’m looking forward to hearing from you' instead of 'I look forward...')
-         the present simple instead of the conditional ('I want to visit your farm' instead of 'I would like to visit your farm')
-         colloquial expressions ('I’m most interested' instead of 'I am really interested')
-         direct sentences ('I think it's a good idea' instead of 'It would be a good idea')
-         phrasal verbs

15 commenti:

  1. Thanks for sharing this nice post. Before writing letter to any one, you should understand the format of Formal and Informal Letters in English.

    RispondiElimina
  2. I can write formal letter. Thanks for informal rules. Share also http://www.bestessays.com/buy_essay.php link for essay writing.

    RispondiElimina
  3. Thanks for this valuable post. Everybody will get helpful information from your post. best essay writers online

    RispondiElimina
  4. Hard work is needed to attain win in our life. This could be apply in any level of our life. If we are looking to score good in study or to succeed in our life or anything. Some are hiring help from custom dissertation writing service to get good paper for the assignment task.

    RispondiElimina
  5. Good one post at all. This delivers best information to tackle with writing informal letters. Thanks for sharing. Dissertation writing services

    RispondiElimina
  6. The study of the different subjects and domains of academics is very vital and important. Success in academic papers is achieved by seeking help in assignments service from an expert and the acquisition of knowledge in different stages. Dissertation Literature Review

    RispondiElimina
  7. Hi, your post is so good , Now i am forced to share it with my friends . thanks Cheap dissertation writing services

    RispondiElimina
  8. You need to have time to take care of the active. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to far added agreeable from you.

    minecraft

    RispondiElimina
  9. You have shared very nice information regarding Writing Task - INFORMAL LETTER. Really I got some new things from here.Thank you!

    PhD Research, Thesis and Dissertation Help

    RispondiElimina